Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Those things stuck in my head

GOSH! Where has the summer gone? It feels like yesturday I was stressing over the ACT and now I'm stressing over college starting. This summer has been packed with some pretty amazing things. I've gotten to spend more time with my family than I have in a while because I'm putting aside the computer and making a point to spend more time with them.

This past weekend Mom, Dad, Philip, and I went to the Jonas Brothers concert. This was Philip's first concert. Technically, we're not supposed to go to our first concert till we are 16 or in my case a week from being sixteen, but can I say that I'm happy he came with. He was trying hard not to be excited because he's not much of a fan, but as we got on the road he grew enthusiastic. We ended up getting lost a few time there and back, but the concert was awsome. Demi did a really good job. The congs from Camp Rock 2 were amazing. The boys of course did the best. I sounded like a frog when the concert ended from screaming so much. Philip plugged his ears every time I screamed.

Hm, on a different note, I'm on youth staff now and am looking forward to a new challenge and new friendship. I can't wait for school to start and youth group and AWANA to pick back up. I MISS MY KIDS.

This summer I learned that no one is what they seem and sometimes friends aren't friends at all. They're just people filling a spot in your life for a season. I also learned that God uses temptation to see just how strong your faith is. Can I say that I didn't and still sometimes don't rejoice in the testing of my faith or the temptation thrown in my path like James 1 says. Honestly, I think it still sucks, but I realize that by going through certain things God is showing me just how far I've come with Him.


Till next time...whenever that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment